Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fernandl
Level 3

Unable to download redistributables

Jump to solution

Hello,

I wonder if you can help us to overcome the problem we are facing when using the InstallShield 2020 R2 application. Even running the application as an Administrator, we are unable to download some redistributable: the Download Items options are disabled (greyed out).

Best regards,
Elizbeth

Kontron Transportation Portugal

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi Fernandl,

Thanks for your response and thanks for sharing screenshot,

It looks like you have custom msm files and that files are missing, is this project is upgraded from any earlier version like from IS2016 to IS2020?

The small yellow triangle in the redistributables indicate those msm are missing 

If Yes then you need to copy those missing from that older version of installshield to new IS2020 installshield folder

by default installshield shipped msm are available in this below path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Modules\i386

You need to check in your older IS machine and copy those missing msm and paste it to latest IS2020 merge module location.

Regards,

Vijay.A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(4) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi Fernandl,

Correct me if im wrong, In  installshield IDE you are not able to download the redistributable, 

You are not able to download any redistributable or any specific one redististributable

Please let us know which redistributable you are trying to download, and its greyed out

Could you please share the screenshot to show the  "Download Items options are disabled (greyed out)."

Regards,

Vijay.A

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.A,

Thank you for your prompt support.

I am not able to download the redistributables from the Installshield IDE.

I am able to download the redistributables marked as "Needs to be downloaded" (the Download Items options are activated ), however I am not for the ones marked as "File not on local computer".

Please find attached a screenshot  which shows all redistributables I am trying to download, and the  Download Selected/All Required Items options greyed out:

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator

Hi Fernandl,

Thanks for your response and thanks for sharing screenshot,

It looks like you have custom msm files and that files are missing, is this project is upgraded from any earlier version like from IS2016 to IS2020?

The small yellow triangle in the redistributables indicate those msm are missing 

If Yes then you need to copy those missing from that older version of installshield to new IS2020 installshield folder

by default installshield shipped msm are available in this below path,

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2020\Modules\i386

You need to check in your older IS machine and copy those missing msm and paste it to latest IS2020 merge module location.

Regards,

Vijay.A

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,

Elizabeth

0 Kudos