cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longcall911
Level 2

Trying to understand install conditions

Using IS Pro 2010 SP1 and trying to exit the install if a specific product (not mine) already exists on the target.

Added a property OTHERAPP with no value
Added a search for registry key Local_Machine \SOFTWARE\SomeCompany\Product
Added search as an install condition naming OTHERAPP
Added message

No matter what I do, the messagebox always launches, whether the regKey exists or not.

I expect that *if* the regKey exits and the condition resolves to False *then* the install will abort. So I made the condition OTHERAPP=FALSE which should be the same as if the regKey exists, abort correct?

Anyway, regardles of whether I make the condition =False or =True, or =0 or =1 or >=0 or =< 0 it always launches the message rather than just launching if the regKey exists.

What am I doing wrong?

/*tom*/
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

Try removing the property from the Property table. An AppSearch (system search) will create the property if the item (the regkey) exists, but will not create it if the item didn't exist.

In the LaunchCondition, then, if the property doesn't exist, the message box will display. (Action will take place if condition evaluates to false.) The fact that you added the property to the Property table means it always exists.

FYI, if the regkey exists, the value of your property won't be "true" or "false", it will be the value of the regkey you searched for.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

The system search adds the property in “securecustomproperties” in property manager. It retrieves the value during runtime and it won’t write the property name.
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Local_Machine \SOFTWARE\SomeCompany\Product is a key without name? It means you are trying for (default) value. Check the value in (default).
0 Kudos
longcall911
Level 2

Now I understand, thanks. I'll remove the property.

And yes, I am looking for the key name 'default' as the product I am searching for creates the key with no value.

Thanks all...

/*tom*/
0 Kudos