cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Schirf
Level 2

The download failed; make sure you are running as Administrator...

When attempting to add Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 Full to the InstallShield Prerequisites, the location that appears is "Needs to be downloaded". When I right-click the line and choose "Download the selected item..." I get the message "The download failed; make sure you are running as Administrator, and that your machine is connected to the Internet. Would you like to try again?" The message dialog's title line is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" - which I AM running as an Administrator. In fact, I even browsed to the devenv.exe and started it with a right click, selecting "Run as administrator" from the menu.

I've seen similar posts in the archives: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/archive/index.php?t-195074.html

I don't know that my issue is the same, however.
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Paul,

This error occurs when the system do not have the download access.

One way to check this is:
->Navigate to the Redistributables view and right click on .Net 4.5 Prerequisite and select "Edit Prerequisite"
->When you click on the file, the "Modify" button gets enabled. There is a URL given in "URL to File" option.
->Please try if you can download that link manually through any of your browsers.

If it gets downloaded successfully, then you have the download access in your system.

Kindly check if .Net 4.5 Prerequisite exists in the following path location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013\SetupPrerequisites

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos