cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rossi_luo
Level 2

The ISL does not work suddenly

I have used the InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio more than 3 years, it worked well until I reinstalled my operating system windows 7.
One day, my company's IT reinstalled my windows, and then I reinstalled the Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate (Version 12.0.31101.11 Update 4), and after that I installed the InstallShield2013LimitedEdition.exe.
After installing the InstallShield Limited Edition, I started the VS 2013, but nothing happened, no registration window popped up.
In the New Project -> Other Project Types -> Setup and Deployment tab, it sill showed "Enable InstallShield Limited Edition" item and a "IsProjExpress".
I can neither open the existing .isproj project nor create a new installation project.
I have tried to install the InstallShield2015LimitedEdition.exe, but it did not work too.
I have also tried to uninstall the InstallShield Limited Edition and reinstall it, it also did not work.
Please help, thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

There are a few things that you can check:

1. See if there are any group policies in place that may be stopping you from writing to the registry.
2. Make sure that Windows is up to date with updates.
3. Disable any antivirus, to see if it may be interfering.
4. Ensure that you are using an administrative user account.
5. Ensure that the product is installed by checking the add/remove software menu in the control panel.
6. Check the event viewer to see if anything is listed that may be referencing InstallShied.

7. With Visual Studio closed, using an administrative command prompt go to the location below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\System
Run the command:
tsconfig.exe /registerVSIP

This will register the needed dll's to integrate ISLE with VS.

8. Run the command:
tsconfig.exe /activate
This command should prompt you for your activation code to activate.

If this does not resolve the issue, it should point us in the right direction to get it resolved.
0 Kudos
Rossi_luo
Level 2

jkell wrote:
There are a few things that you can check:

1. See if there are any group policies in place that may be stopping you from writing to the registry.
2. Make sure that Windows is up to date with updates.
3. Disable any antivirus, to see if it may be interfering.
4. Ensure that you are using an administrative user account.
5. Ensure that the product is installed by checking the add/remove software menu in the control panel.
6. Check the event viewer to see if anything is listed that may be referencing InstallShied.

7. With Visual Studio closed, using an administrative command prompt go to the location below:
C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2015LE\System
Run the command:
tsconfig.exe /registerVSIP

This will register the needed dll's to integrate ISLE with VS.

8. Run the command:
tsconfig.exe /activate
This command should prompt you for your activation code to activate.

If this does not resolve the issue, it should point us in the right direction to get it resolved.

Thanks for your information! I have tried, but it does not work.
1. My account belongs to administrator group, so I have the permission to write registry. I can edit the registry by run the "regedit".
2. Yes, my windows is up to date. You can check the screenshot attached.
3. This morning, I disabled all the anti-virus software services, but it did not work still
4. Yes, my account is administrator account, I run the installation package as Administrator, I run the VS 2013 as Administrator
5. Yes, I removed the Installshield Limited Edition from the control panel's "Programs and Features". But I added it by running the installation package downloaded from flexera website.
6. I have checked the event viewer, but I did not find anything seemed to be error, you can check the screenshot attached.

I have run the "tsconfig.exe /registerVSIP" command, but nothing happened, there is no any prompt information. You can check the attached screenshot
I have run the "tsconfig.exe /activate" command too, an activation window popped up, the strange thing was that it remembered the serial number I input before even after I remove the software, it activated successfully.

By the way, an error window popped up when I run VS 2013, but that error information did not seem to correlate to installshield, you can check the screenshot.

That's all the information.

0 Kudos