cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexmaxwell
Level 2

Text file changes in merge module not working

So I have a merge module project that drops a config file that I need to update. I've created the replacement set and replacements in the Text File Changes View, and added the merge module to a basic msi project. (The basic project also has some text file changes). When I run the installer, the merge module's replacement does not happen. When I take a look at the log, it only shows the basic msi's text replacements.

Do I have to add the merge module's replacement actions to the basic msi's installation execute sequence? If so, how? It doesn't show up when I insert an action there.

Thanks,
Alex
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnCresswell
Flexera Alumni

The text file changes view has an order the changes are applied in. If you look at the ISSearchReplace and ISSearchReplaceSet tables you will see both contain an order column. The problem you are seeing is that if you create a replacement set in a merge module it has an order of 1, same goes for the one you create in the basic MSI. At run time at present one steps on the other and only one is run.

I have create work order IOA-000069548 to address this issue. The solution likely being a interweaving of the tables. So for example all order 1s are run followed by all order 2s etc.

For workarounds you can modify the order columns in either the basic MSI or merge module so they do not overlap. So essentially for the set you just need to modify the order so it does not conflict with any other sets in the final MSI.
0 Kudos
alexmaxwell
Level 2

Aha! Making that change worked wonderfully.

Thanks much,
Alex
0 Kudos