cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEinstaller
Level 7

Testing bundled JRE failed

I'm having a problem on my Sun Solaris 10 box. When I try to run the installer I get the following error.
"Bundled JRE is not binary compatible with host OS/Arch or it is corrupt. Testing bundled JRE failed."

I am using the bundled JRE because for some reason the installer couldn't find the java on the machine, even though it's there.

Anyone else ever have this problem? Any easy fix?
Could it be an issue with disk space, I don't have much free space.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Eyal_Goren
Level 6

Hi,

We encountered that problem when we tryed to run the Solaris setup on AIX machine...
0 Kudos
Eyal_Goren
Level 6

Hi,

We encountered today the problem when /tmp or /var/tmp is quite full.

Eyal
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I had a few problems that were stopping me. I'm not sure exactly which one was the cause because once I saw them I fixed them all at once and it went away.

-I was searching for 64-bit jvm on a 32 bit machine.
-I was FTPing the setup to the machine and it was set to ASCII and not binary. (was trying to make it work in a hurry and didn't even notice)

I did look at my /tmp but there was really nothing in it. So I ruled that out as a possibility.

Good luck with your problem.
0 Kudos
enanrum
Level 9

We were getting this problem on Linux, the file ftp'd fine, started installing - then gave the same error!

When trying to copy the setup from the CD through Windows Explorer, it kept coming back with cyclicle errors! Come to find out the file was corrupted on the CD!

When FTP'ing from the CD - FTP didn't care!
0 Kudos