cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Maddin
Level 2

Test for required OS and service pack levels

I am evaluating this product.

My application needs the full .NET 4.0 framework or redistributable installed as a prerequisite. I need to check not only the operating system but also the service pack. If these are incorrect then I need these installed or let the user cancel the installation.

For example XP SP 3 is the minimum level for .NET 4.0 for XP based machines.
For Windows Server 20034 must have service pack 2 installed etc.

Howe can one check service packs not just operating systems.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
OldBean
Level 5

Hi Peter, take a look at the SYSINFO structure in IS help.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

You may want to use the Redistributables view (in a Basic MSI project) or the Prerequisites view (in an InstallScript project) to add the appropriate .NET Framework prerequisites to your project. If the target system meets the appropriate requirements and it does not have the .NET Framework, it is installed during your installation.

These InstallShield prerequisites already have conditions set up on them. To review the conditions, click a prerequisite in this view, and then review the right pane. (If the right pane is hidden, you may need to click the Show Details button in this view.)

To edit any of the conditions, right-click the prerequisite in this view and then click Edit Prerequisite. The InstallShield Prerequisite Editor opens, enabling you to edit as needed.

Here's some more info: Adding .NET Framework Redistributables to Projects.
0 Kudos
Peter_Maddin
Level 2

I found the tutorials too basic but I have now found the documentation so I will need to allocate some time to reading this.

There is a lot of documentation to get through though.:eek:
0 Kudos