cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coJeff
Level 6

Template Summary / 64bit

The installer I created was initially for 32bit but the requirement has now changed. I updated the 'template summary' on both the General Info page and on the release config. When I run the installation on a 32bit the installer doesn't display a 64bit error message, saying can only be on 64bit. If I run the installation on a 64bit machine I noticed that the installer still tries to install to Program Files (x86). I check in On Begin using SYSINFO.bIsWow64. I marked one component to be 64bit in case that was causing the install to still work on 32bit machines.

How come its still being allowed to install on 32bit machines? Or if SYSINFO.bIsWow64 says its a 64bit machine then how come it wants to be installed to PF (x86)? My Installdir is set to [ProgramFilesFolder] property.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
coJeff
Level 6

I thought that once you set the Template Summary to either Intel64 or x64 that the installer would display an error message if attempting to install on a 32bit machine.
0 Kudos

32 bit can typically be installed on 64-bit.  How do I prevent 32-bit from going on a 64-bit OS?  Do I have to make some type of CA to prevent it?  Thanks.

0 Kudos