cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janakiram
Level 4

TWO INSTALLER ENTRIES SHOWED UP IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAM WHEN UPGRADE

Hi Team,

I am installing the EXE in GUI mode. Then when try to upgrade it in silent mode it shows 2 entries in add/remove program. This is happening in 32 bit only. 64bit always works fine.

If i install in GUI and upgrade in GUI it shows only latest entry in add/remove programs. Same is the case when i do install and upgrade both in silent mode.

can someone please help.

Reagrds

Janakiram

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

HI @Janakiram,

Please refer below KB link which explains the reason for 2 entries in ARP and solution to fix it. Please try and let us know it works for you or not. 

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Major-upgrade-leaves-old-entry-in-Add-Remove-Programs/ta-p/225844/jump-to/first-unread-message

0 Kudos

Hi Varul, I have the major upgrade settings correct. Here the issue is  different.

Working scenario: I install 20.100 in GUI mode and upgrade to 20.200 in GUI mode it works. I see only one latest entry in Add remove programs.

Non Working Scenario : I install 20.100 in GUI mode and upgrade to 20.200 in Silent mode then i see 2 entries in Add remove programs.

0 Kudos
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @Janakiram 

Are you seeing this behavior in all machine or any specific machine?

I hope you are doing a major upgrade? What is your project type BMSI or installscript MSI?

Please generate log's for both UI and silent installation and compare the log for any different behavior.

Since this issue is observed only on silent installation, please check do you have any customaction sequenced for removal of entries and that is sequenced to run only in UI  mode.

0 Kudos