cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alibaba
Level 6

Suppress reboot after (silent) prerequisite install and go on with installation

I am installing an application that is shipped with .NET 3.5 as IS prerequisite. On few systems (XP with .NET 1.1 installed) the setup will restart after the installaion of the prerequisite.

Because the setup is called by an other application I have to suppress this reboot and directly go on with my application installation itself. The problem is that it seems for me that this is not possible in silent executed setups. I have checked all options in the behaviour tab of the prerequisite editor but no alternative is helpful: Either the computer is restarted automatically or the installation does not start after the prerequisite installation is complete.

What can I do to avoid this restart between prerequisite installation and application installation in silent executed setups?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Alibaba
Level 6

The main issue here is that I have to avoid the restart between prereq and install because another application is running while the setup is in progress and this application would be killed if the prereq install enforces a reboot.

The commandline for the .Net 3.5 prerequisite is: /p dotNetFx35setup.exe /l 1033 /v "/q /norestart"
I tried all options in the behaviour tab but none is working as desired (install prereq > install application (without restart between))

Nobody an idea? Do you need more informations?
0 Kudos
Alibaba
Level 6

I solved the problem by setting the prerequisite as "feature prerequisite" and not to "install before feature selection"
0 Kudos