cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdilipk
Level 5

Support Files referencing in custom action

Hi All

I am a little stumped by this. I had added a folder (which contains a third-party setup.exe that I need to launch at a later time and its dependant files) under Support Files/Billboards->Advanced Files->Disk1.

I created a custom action to run that setup.exe After the InstallFinalize execute action. My question is how should I reference the path to this executable? One of the InstallShield KB article says that I should specify the "source" as TempFolder and the target as:

[SUPPORTDIR]\setup.exe

This will work if I had just copied a bunch of files under DISK1. Since I actually have a *folder*, how can I reference it properly in the target section? Should it be:

[SUPPORTDIR]\MyFolderName\Setup.exe

That doesn't seem to work -- although after the package is built I can see a directory called MyFolderName created under DISK1 with all the relevant third-party setup files inside. Basically the SINGLE_EXE_IMAGE directory looks like this:

DISK1
|
|
--- setup.exe (my actual product's executable)
--- MyFolderName (folder containing a setup executable of a third party
product)

any help will be highly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
rdilipk
Level 5

sorry. Let me try to articulate this better.

I add 2 folders folder1, folder2 each containing a setup.exe each to Support Files/Billboards->Advanced Files->Disk1

Lets say I want to set up a custom action to run these 2 setup executables found under both folder1 and folder2 **after** my product's regular installation is complete.

How do I set up such a CA?
0 Kudos