cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

Suite Wizard Interface Bugs

I noticed the following issues with the Wizard Interface:

1) This is the most serious. If you resize a control on a suite dialog and the text wraps out of the display, it will often cause the suite application to throw an exception and crash. For example, if you resize the IDC_COMPLETE control on the InstallationType dialog and make it smaller, it is easy to cause an exception that will crash the IDE. I was able to work around this by decreasing the amount of text and then resizing the control and saving often.

2) When I specify an image as a header background to the Wizard pages, it stretches the color on the left side three pixels over to the end of the image on the right side. I have worked around this by making the first three pixel columns on the left side the same color as the last three pixel columns on the right side.

3) I have not been able to get the items on the alignment tool bar to work. It appears to always be disabled.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'll look into the first; just to be clear, are you talking about crashes in the IDE, or crashes of the installer at run-time? Is it only while resizing, or does changing the text to a long string after the control has been resized down also cause the crash?

The alignment controls are not implemented in IS2012, but should be available in the next release. Similarly we should have a fix next release for the background positioning; do you see it in all scenarios, or just specific ones such as via remote-desktop, or full or no glass?
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Thanks Michael for the quick response!

For the first issue, I am talking about a crash that occurs inside the IDE. The issue I saw with crashing occured when I had moved the controls around the screen and added new graphics for the header and body of the dialog. As I was trying to resize it caused an exception. I actually emailed several of these to the InstallShield exception email.

The issue with having the header pixels wrap seemed to occur whenever I added a header. It is best demonstrated when the header has colors that differ on the right and left side of the image.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos