cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queloz
Level 2

Suite Project: Howto combine 32- and 64-bit installation

I've created two installations for my product: One for 32-bit and one for 64-bit. I created the releases (two files "setup.exe").

How do I have to setup the suite-project that the two setup.exe-files are combined in one setup.exe?

Thanks in advance

Ron.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
venkatdonga
Level 2

Hi,

You can add both the packages to the Suite project and define a 'Platform Condition' under 'Eligibility Condition'. You can define the target architecture in the combo 'Architecture' for each setup.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
queloz
Level 2

Thanks.

What is the "Detection condition" for? It seems that this condition has to be set for every package I add to the suite project.

Regards,

Ron.
0 Kudos
JohnCresswell
Flexera Alumni

Hi Ron,

The Detection Condition is used to determine if that particular package is installed on the target machine when the setup is run. For MSI and MSP package types the engine can determine if they are already installed and so nothing needs to be entered. However for EXE packages you will need to enter a condition that evaluates to false if the package is not on the machine and true once it is installed. It is important to note that for EXE packages the condition must change from false before installation to true after. If this is not the case subsequent maintenance operations might not function as you expect.

As the Suite project is new and there are several new concepts to grapple with we are eager to ensure we provide as much information as is needed. So if you have any further or follow up questions please do not hesitate. Also any feedback on the new Suite functionality would be gladly received, especially areas to improve on.

Thanks,
John
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

hello John,

i have 2 msi'es, one is 32 bit and another one is 64 bit. As you have mentioned in the post to set the eligibilty condition, i had selected eligibilty -> All -> selected architecture, as shown in the image. But the suite is not installing the setup. can you tell me what is going wrong here
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Nothing looks wrong in the image; do you see any useful information in the debuglog?
0 Kudos
manomatt
Level 8

In the eligibility condition i had changed it from Any to All, with that the first MSI Package and evaluating to false and None was evaluating to True and Plateformcondition was evaluation to True,

so False AND True AND True => False and i think that is the reason the exit condition was being thrown when i try to run the setup
0 Kudos