cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wiggers
Level 7

Suite Progress Bar

When installing a Basic MSI package the progress bar moves to the halfway point during Staging, but then stops there during Installation. Is there something I have to do to make it continue progressing during installation?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Is your progress bar tracking ISInstallProgress or ISParcelProgress? (See "Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI Property Reference" in the help.)
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

Looks like ISInstallProgress but I don't see an option for ISParcelProgress.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

wiggers wrote:
When installing a Basic MSI package the progress bar moves to the halfway point during Staging, but then stops there during Installation. Is there something I have to do to make it continue progressing during installation?

FWIW,
I observe the same behavior (not new; it has always been that way).
I too am using ISInstallProgress and don't see an option for ISParcelProgress in the drop down list.
I did type in ISParcelProgress.. Then the progress bar does not proceed at all.
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

I've found the following in the help system:

Progress Bar—A progress bar is a dynamic bar that fills up in response to a property such as the ISInstallProgress property.
Progress Circle—A progress circle is a pair of dynamic circles that fill up in response to two properties: a property such as ISParcelProgress, which indicates the completion percentage of the current package, and a property such as ISInstallProgress, which indicates the completion percentage of the overall entire installation. The outside progress circle typically shows the overall progress, and the inside progress bar typically shows the progress of the entire package.

This suggest that ISInstallProgress is the correct property to use, but something is broken somewhere.
0 Kudos
wiggers
Level 7

So, is this still broken? Do I have to fork out for yet another IS update to get a fix?
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

Actually, using the property "ISParcelProgress" works for me. The progress bar behaves the way it should for each package in the suite.
0 Kudos