cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johannes_John
Level 7

Suite - Operation Remove

Hello,

what other conditions ( more then the detection condition ) have to be true, that the exe in the remove operation will be started?

Regards
Johannes
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The package must be detected as present; the feature the package is associated with must be removing (during a full removal, or the feature is unselected in maintenance); the package must have a remove operation.
0 Kudos
Johannes_John
Level 7

O.K.

With this information I've found, that the path to the target is the problem.
While at the installation operation, there can be started without path, the other operations seam to need a path in the target.

Will there be a posiblity to get the productcode of the used/installed MSI, as used in the condition?
My aim: [SystemFolder]msiexec.exe /x {*}
I don't want to use a hard coded productcode, as long as the next built will create a new one.

Regards
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You'll either need to reference a path (such as [ISPREREQDIR] or [SETUPSUPPORTDIR]), or the GUID. If you're trying to install and remove a .msi file, I would strongly recommend using the .msi package type instead of the .exe package type, as it will handle all of this for you. Otherwise you could try some sort of automation to tweak the project to use the correct product code before you build it.
0 Kudos