cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Suite: License wizard page Print not working

When I run the install for our application, I include a EULA.rtf file. The file displays properly in the license dialog. I then click the Print button. The windows Print dialog shows and I select Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer. I click Print and I get a message stating Title: WordPad, Message: "Could not start print job."

While the setup is open I navigate to %temp% and find the EULA.rtf file. I right click on this file and select print and it correctly brings up the dialog to save to .xps file. It correctly saves the file.

However, within InstallShield Suite Wizard this is not possible.

In the License Agreement Wizard page, I check the Events for the Print button. Print is selected as the click event and the resource correctly points to the EULA.rtf file.

Is there something that I am missing here? I realize that InstallShield is correctly spawing the windows print dialog. It appears as I would expect. However, is there something else that is required to get his to work?

I added a very basic suite UI project that includes orca.msi as the primary package and the default license dialog. The error occurs even with this very basic installation.

All of our tests have been on virtual machines. I wanted to test this outside of the virtual machine. So on my desktop I run the install and click the print button. On my desktop the document opens in Microsoft Word, not WordPad. When I try to click print I am presented with an error. If I go to the temp directory again and open the document in MS word and print, it prints successfully. So something is still wrong.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies