cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suite Extension DLL - access feature properties

I'm currently working on an extension DLL for a suite installer. I wondered if there's a method for reading or setting these feature properties from the DLL:

FEATURE[name].actionState
FEATURE[name].installState
FEATURE[name].displayName
FEATURE[name].description
FEATURE[name].cost

Any help greatfully received.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You should be able to use those strings as the property name in an ISuiteExtension::get_Property or ISuiteUIExtension::get_Property call. Have you had problems with that approach?
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Ah, thanks Michael. Hadn't appreciated I could access the properties like that. Can confirm it works fine. Glad to see the website back btw.

Many thanks again.
0 Kudos
sidetnee
Level 5

Hi,

can you provide some details as to how you have created your extension DLL, you say you got yours to work, How??

Regards,

/SiD
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Well the basic steps are:

1. Look at Michael's excellent blog "Validating User Input in a Suite Project". This is pretty comprehensive.
2. Download the VC++ 2010 Express SuiteCalc.zip example.
3. Download and install VC++ 2010 Express if you don't have another alternative.
3. Modify the SuiteCalc project as required to provide your validation functions and create the extension DLL. Preferably change its name!
4. Make calls to the extension functions in your suite installer where appropriate.
5. Load your new extension DLL into the suite project as a support file.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
sidetnee
Level 5

It did help a lot, once i had eventually tracked it down. I think it was the def file that made the difference.

Regards,

/SiD
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Glad to hear you got it working. 😉
0 Kudos
pvincent
Level 2

Hysteresis wrote:
Well the basic steps are:

1. Look at Michael's excellent blog "Validating User Input in a Suite Project". This is pretty comprehensive.
2. Download the VC++ 2010 Express SuiteCalc.zip example.
3. Download and install VC++ 2010 Express if you don't have another alternative.
3. Modify the SuiteCalc project as required to provide your validation functions and create the extension DLL. Preferably change its name!
4. Make calls to the extension functions in your suite installer where appropriate.
5. Load your new extension DLL into the suite project as a support file.

Hope this helps.

Hello all, i'm currently trying to create a dll for a suite package, and search all over the internet this sample without success.
Do you know where the samples available in the flexera blog (from 2011-2012) could be found?
Do you have the SuiteCalc sample somewhere and does somebody can let me have access to it?

Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
pvincent
Level 2

Hello i'm currently working on a dll for a suite package. And on the flexera blog i found the articles with samples and the one you talk about here SourceCalc.zip.
The problem is the link is not working anymore and i get a 404 when i click on it.

Do you know where these samples are now? Is there a way to download them and to see how the functions are called?
If the samples are not on the internet anywhere, could someone have them and can send to me a copy of it? First the SourceCalc.zip but the others from the flexera blog could be nice too.

Thanks and regards
0 Kudos