cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmoulton
Level 6

{Suite} Combo box multiple selection does not appear to work

I added a combo box to a dialog in the Wizard Interface.

I keep trying to format the combo box "content property" to get multiple selections but cannot get it to work correctly.

The documentation specifies it to be formatted as follows:

ID_Option1\rValue1\nID_Option2\rValue2\nID_Option3\rValue3

I am trying to format it as follows:
ID_OPTION1\rCOUNTRY_USA\nID_OPTION2\rCOUNTRY_CANADA\nID_OPTION3\rCOUNTRY_AUSTRALIA

ID_OPTION(s) are defined in the string editor view.

I am unable to get multiple selection to work. I am also unable to set the Property (SELECTIONPROPERTY) in the property manager and get it to display as the default selection of the combo box.

Does anybody know what might be wrong??

As specified inside the suite XML file it looks as follows:

Thanks in advance,

--Kim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You should use another level of indirection here. Instead of putting the option list directly in the {Binding}, put the values in a property such as CountryOptions, and bind to that property {Binding CountryOptions}. Also I think instead of the two-character sequences \r or \n you may need to put in escape codes for the characters those typically represent, namely and (semicolons included).
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Thanks Michael.

I followed that train of thought and got the combo box to work. For those who might run into this issue, this is what I did.

I set the content propterty to a property called CountryOptions.

I set CountryOptions to the following:

ID_COUNTRY_USA\rUnited States\nID_COUNTRY_CANADA\rCanada\nID_COUNTRY_AUSTRALIA\rAustralia

It looks very nice now.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

I realize that you can set the default value of a combo box by specifing the value of a property. This works.

However, I am trying to get the value I want the combo box to be set to from a file.

I am doing this by calling a function in a DLL from a Wizard Page in the Suite Installation. I am able to populate text boxes using this method.

However, I am unable to populate the combo box or the list box by changing a pre-defined property.

The property as defined in the Property Manager is:

SOFTWARE_COUNTRY United States

However, if I change the property using the extension DLL, instead of populating the combo box it causes the combo box to not have a default value.

See attached file.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

Actually, I am not populating text boxes but edit fields. Pre-setting the edit field with info from a file works, pre-setting combo and list boxes doesn't appear to work.
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

This is not a problem with the combo box or list box. It was just that the value I read from a file and stored in the property had a hard return. This caused the combo box not to display the value it should have.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Ah, good find. That would have been a real pain to catch this way. What helped you track it down - maybe an indicator in the debuglog?
0 Kudos
kmoulton
Level 6

I didn't use the suite debug log, but the log has been very useful for tracking other errors.

I was writing the values I read in to the suite properties out to a file.
I noticed the hard return in the file.

Thanks,

--Kim
0 Kudos