cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLee65
Level 13

Suite: Checking Screen Resolution as 'Exit Condition'

I am wondering what is the appropriate way to check for screen resolution within a Suite application and use it as an exit condition.
I can do this for a basic msi using ScreenX and ScreenY properties. However, I need to check the resolution before any applications install.

I could create an InstallScript custom action to GetExtents and then set a property based on it, but any event I attach this to executes after the Exit Conditions are evaluated.

So let's say my screen resolution requirements are at least 1024 x768 for the application to function properly. Is there a way to check for this and advice the user to change their display settings to correspond if the value is less?

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I don't believe we provide such a condition to you today, but if you're feeling adventurous enough to code an extension condition for your suite in C++, the relevant API call is GetSystemMetrics - see CX_SCREEN and CY_SCREEN.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

Thank you Michael.

I have opted for a different implementation.
I utilized the InstallScript custom action to set a property ScreenResolutionGood. I set the property to 'True' if the metrics are greater or equal to my requirements, and 'False' otherwise.
I then added a new dialog with a visible condition set to the ScreenResolutionGood property.

It takes a few more pieces to implement but still accomplishes a very satisfactory user experience.
0 Kudos