cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarcinfo
Level 3

Suite/Advanced UI: set Feature.actionState via custom action

Hello,

Does somebody know if there is a way to set FEATURE[feature-name].action using a custom action (DLL, InstallScript, or Managed code) ?
If yes, could you please give me the syntax ?
Please note that I am using InstallShield 2015.

Thank you
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Note that the (for lack of a better term) pseudo-property must include the final term as actionState not just action: FEATURE[feature-name].actionState.

The notation FEATURE[feature-name].actionState is only available to actions run by the UI, so of the kinds you mention, you will need a C++ DLL that uses the ISuiteUIExtension interface to read and set properties. As our managed code and InstallScript actions are run by the engine instead of the UI, they will not have access to this pseudo-property. In C++ the syntax will look something like the following, depending on the name for your variables, and what (if any) helper classes you use:
[CODE]spSuiteExtension->put_Property(CComBSTR(L"FEATURE[feature-name].actionState"), CComBSTR(L"install"));[/CODE]
See Referring to Feature States and Other Feature Data in the UI of an Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI Project in the help, as well as the help topics near it, for related information.
0 Kudos
jarcinfo
Level 3

Hello,

Not easy to create the C++ extension DLL (for a C++ beginner as me) but after many trials, it works.
Thanks again
0 Kudos