cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ragava28
Level 4

Suite/Advanced UI Uninstall Package Script

Hi - I have created an installer which has a self extracted Zip file (SFX with .exe extension) as a feature.  when installation process initiates this feature , SFX file is extracted to C:\Temp and runs install.bat file after extraction , which intern invokes child installers. this is all working fine.

as a part of uninstall I have to invoke Uninstall.bat file in zip file.  I tried using like below but it didnt work. 

Opeations => Remove=>EXE CommandLine =>

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe C:\Temp\rabbitmq\uninstall.bat

any thoughts on how to initiate a bat file using uninstall process.

Regards

Raghu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
rguggisberg
Level 13

I don't know what you mean by

Opeations => Remove=>EXE CommandLine =>

You can execute the bat file with an Event that has the proper condition on it.

0 Kudos

I mean for installing the package , install shield invokes the SFX file, which executes the Install.bat(which is in Zip) ,and install.bat invokes child installers in zip file. 

In case of uninstall I have to explicitly invoke uninstall.bat which is in the zip file.so for that I modified below properties as show below . but it is not working. is this right way to invoke?

ScreenShot.PNG

0 Kudos

That will only work if uninstall.bat exists in "C:\Temp\RabbitMQ". That command line won't unzip anything. You could set up your command line to the unzip and execute or just include uninstall.bat as a support file so you don't have to unzip it.

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @ragava28 ,

I doubt InstallShield supports executing commandline of different target other than the selected target.exe.Find the reference snap for inline help of EXE commandline:

Exe_Commandline.PNG

You can append commandline for the setup.exe or any target.exe that is been added as exe package but not different target i guess.(In your case it is cmd.exe)

For more details:https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield25helplib/helplibrary/SteCmmndLne.htm#CreatingSuites_2363737762_1041325

Thanks,

Jenifer

Yes.. of course! I believe Jennifer is correct. You can't do what your are doing there. But you could do what you want with an Event.

0 Kudos

Hi rguggisberg, 

Thank you for your response. You mentioned that we can achieve this using Events. after reading about the events (OnBegin,OnResuming ..etc. ) I didnt find any event which gets triggered during/after un installation . Can you please point me to a link or info about implementation .

Regards

Raghu 

0 Kudos

Hi @ragava28 ,

I guess you can pick OnPackagesConfigured event with which you can set your action say here:it is launching batch file

https://helpnet.flexerasoftware.com/installshield22helplib/helplibrary/SteActionEventTyp.htm

with condition of PackageOperation equals to REMOVE.

Find the snapshot for reference:

Suite_Events.PNG

Hope that can help,

Jenifer

Hi ragava28, Were you able to get this working using Jennifer's post? I think you were looking for an 'OnUninstall' event and there is no such thing.
0 Kudos