cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ragava28
Level 4

Suite/Adavanced UI Uninstall process not waiting for packages to complete.

I am using Suite/Adavanced UI type project to  create unified installer (which contains mongodb,rabbitmq,robo 3T...etc subinstallers.) . we have few pre uninstall & post uninstall activities after each package .  

when I click on uninstall of unified installer . all the sub installers,  uninstallation process is getting trigged at once. but I want to uninstall them in the order, which I have installed them.  how do we make parent installer to wait for package uninstall to complete ?

for information mongodb, rabbitmq installers are from Null soft and they have a separate uninstall.exe file for uninstallation process.

I have  tried /clone_wait  parameter . but no luck. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
banna_k
Revenera
Revenera

Hi @ragava28 ,

If the package is having separate executable for uninstallation (uninstall.exe), then you can configure  uninstall.exe under the "Operations"->"Remove" setting in the packages view to execute the executable during the uninstallation. 

Install

.msi,
.msp,
.exe,
.appx,
InstallScript,
Basic MSI project,
InstallScript project

If the Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI installation runs in first-time installation mode, specify whether you want this package to be launched as a first-time installation. The install operation is applicable if the target system meets the package’s eligibility conditions and if this package’s product is not already installed.

If you select Yes for this setting, configure the subsettings under this setting as needed. If you select No, the subsettings under this setting are disabled.

Remove

.msi,
.exe,
.appx,
InstallScript,
Basic MSI project,
InstallScript project

If the Advanced UI or Suite/Advanced UI installation runs in remove mode, specify whether you want the product that this package installed to be removed. The remove operation is applicable if the target system meets the package’s eligibility conditions and if this package’s product is installed.

If you select Yes for this setting, configure the subsettings under this setting as needed. If you select No, the subsettings under this setting are disabled.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have already specified that setting. but problem what I am having is , all the sub installer uninstallation processes getting triggered at once. but I want that to happen one after another .  like Uninstall Mongo => then  Uninsall Robo3T => then Unistall RabbitMQ...etc.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

Hi @ragava28,

In order to help you better,  would like to know how you have configured the sub installer packages in the packages view ? 

0 Kudos

Configuration of few packages.

1.png2.png3.png4.png

0 Kudos

Hi @ragava28 ,

Can you check the behavior, without the "Package Configuring" and "Package Configured" events. 

Also, can you tell me what kind of actions are configured the in the package events.

0 Kudos

Hi @banna_k 

I created a smaller installer with only 2 packages & completely  removed Package events. but still no luck. configurations of the packages.

5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png

10.png

0 Kudos

Hi @ragava28,

Looks like the "UnInstall.exe" is not waiting for the complete uninstallation, it only trigger the uninstallation and going off. 

Can you check  the uninstall behavior manually by executing the "UnInstall.exe"., and see any other process is getting launched by the uninstall.exe.

0 Kudos

Hi @banna_k 

As you mentioned.  all the installers with separate uninstall.exe are having a parent process(C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\Temp\~nsu.tmp) , which is launching actual uninstall.exe. see the screens shoot. 

so how can we configure this in Suite/Adavanced UI  project.

11.png

0 Kudos

Hi @ragava28,

You need to configure the correct executable which wait for the entire uninstallation process, you can get the executable details and its command line parameters from the registry for what is configured for the installed application while uninstalling from the Add/Remove programs(Programs and Features).

As well check the command line parameter if any needed to wait the executable for the complete uninstallation, you can get this information from the task manger while uninstalling the application. 

0 Kudos