cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenebrae
Level 4

Standalone Build 2009 not seen by Update manager

Hi,

I have a build machine. I had there InstallShield 12 Professional and when we switched to IS 2009 Premier I've also installed there the standalone build component. IS 12 have to stay there for backward compatibility (I do not wish to change all build configs on TFS for older releases). It all worked fine but Update Manager lost the track of the Standalone Build product. It only sees and shows updates for IS12. Is there a way to 'tell it' there's another IS product installed?

Regards,

tene
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Have you activated InstallShield 2009 on that machine? If you haven't activated it, the Standalone Build won't be available from FLEXnet Connect.
0 Kudos
tenebrae
Level 4

DebbieL wrote:
Have you activated InstallShield 2009 on that machine? If you haven't activated it, the Standalone Build won't be available from FLEXnet Connect.

Most likely I did - it was installed like 2 months ago and by the way - it would not work if not activated, would it? I do not have issues with it doing the actual work - I mean building install packages during tfs builds.

How would I check if it is activated anyway? it's only a command line...

Regards,

tene
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry, I think I misunderstood the issue. It sounds like you'll want to check for updates on the machine that has the full version of InstallShield 2009. (Checking for updates on the machine that has the Standalone Build won't show any updates.)

Does that help?
0 Kudos
tenebrae
Level 4

DebbieL wrote:
Sorry, I think I misunderstood the issue. It sounds like you'll want to check for updates on the machine that has the full version of InstallShield 2009. (Checking for updates on the machine that has the Standalone Build won't show any updates.)

Does that help?

Partially... I have my development environment on my laptop, but I'd like to be able to update SAB overnight remotely. I have poor connection at home so I thought I'd start it remotely. Thanks anyway. I think though that since it is a _standalone_ component - it should have the possibility to be updated standalone as well... How do I know about critical updates to it anyway?

Regards,

tene
0 Kudos