cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Stand Alone Build

I just got out of a meeting and haven't had a chance to download anything yet but I have one quick question:

Are there any changes to the SAB in terms of license/DRM/activation from previous releases. Is activation required?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(14) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

You do not have to activate the SAB for InstallShield 2010 (same goes for all previous releases of InstallShield).
0 Kudos
HBindu
Level 3

Does SAB comes with 2010 Professional edition?
0 Kudos
LanceRas
Level 7

SAB doesn't come with the Pro versions anymore.

And last year, it was stated that those who had been keeping up their support contracts for the Pro edition would no longer get the grandfathered license to the SAB either.

If I'm mistaken, someone from Acresso would need to follow up.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Nope, that's right. And I'm no longer fighting this issue.
0 Kudos
moinkhan
Level 5

I have IS2010, where from I can download the SAB?
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Go to the tools menu and select Check for Updates. It should display 2 messages, one of the messages has the link to the SAB. I would post the link, but it is not available to all users (only Premier users).
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

Again, that's exactly our problem. We aren't connected to the internet so we can't follow that procedure.

Our only procedure to this date has been to bug sales asking for updates that we can't even see exist. Their answer was to consume one of our licenses and install it on the external facing network.

I'm sorry, but Acresso gets an F from me on their delivery servicing strategy. Pretty bad considering the line of business they are in. Acresso also gets an F for not encouraging engineering best practices for 'professional' users by taking away the SAB in the first place.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We should add the links to the secondary downloads to the order email. I think that would solve your issue correct?

Also offering ISOs would solve it too. We are looking into that also.
0 Kudos
moinkhan
Level 5

I had tried the update option and it didnt showed up anything, just fyi, on the same machine I am running IS2009 as well. I have Premier version and license.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Have you activated InstallShield 2010 yet? I believe that in order to see the Premier-only downloads—including the Standalone Build—you need to first activate InstallShield (or use a concurrent license).
0 Kudos
moinkhan
Level 5

Yes, I already activated the IS2010, I am getting a message that "Currently another session of the Software Manager is running on your machine"
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

The very first time that you launch InstallShield, the Software Manager automatically tries to check for software updates. You'll need to wait until that process finishes before launching the manual check for updates. (Depending on how many other users are checking for updates at that time, it's possible that it make take a minute or so for that check to complete.)

So, I think if you try to check for updates again, you'll no longer see that "Currently another session of the Software Manager is running on your machine" message.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Send me a private email, and I will get you the links you need (mmarino@acresso.com)

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
Dennis_Marks
Level 4

I followed the information that Mike passed and found it listed when expanded the option for INstallshield Premier Edition Files and Folders.
0 Kudos