cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norziha
Level 4

Specified SQL server not found

i have tried to create a sample installation that creates a SQL server database by running customized SQL script. When I run the installation I got this error " Error 27502 Could not connect to Microsoft SQL Server '[MY TARGET SERVER NAME]'.[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen(Connect()).] Specified SQL server not found. " Are there any ideas about this while I am waiting for support? Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Is '[MY TARGET SERVER NAME]' a real SQL Server name? If so, are you able to connect to the server from other client software; such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on the machine that you run your setup?
0 Kudos
norziha
Level 4

Thanks.

Actually i am very-very new in InstallShield and installer environment. I just creating a sample installation provided by InstallShield Help Library and follow the instruction to see how it work.

First the instruction request to create a new property (IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE2) .

Then I created 2 SQL connection. The first connection I set in the Default Target Server Name to TESTSQLSERVER and add the following script :

CREATE DATABASE [TestDB] ON (NAME = N' TestDB', FILENAME = N'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\testdb.mdf' , SIZE = 3, FILEGROWTH = 10%) LOG ON (NAME = N' TestDB_log', FILENAME = N'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\testdb.ldf' , SIZE = 1, FILEGROWTH = 10%)
COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

The second connection i set in the Target Catalog Property Name to IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE2 (the new property that i created).
Then i set Catalog Name to TestDB (DB name will be created) and the Default Target Server Name i set to TESTSQLSERVER. I add the following script :

CREATE TABLE TestTable (TestColumn1 CHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY)

Supposely when I run the installation, it creates the TestDB database and add table called TestTable to the database.
So overall this is the images.

Back to your answer, it seem like i need to create a real server for this? Is it true?
0 Kudos
norziha
Level 4

hidenori wrote:
Is '[MY TARGET SERVER NAME]' a real SQL Server name? If so, are you able to connect to the server from other client software; such as Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on the machine that you run your setup?

Thanks.

Actually i am very-very new in InstallShield and installer environment. I just creating a sample installation provided by InstallShield Help Library and follow the instruction to see how it work.

First the instruction request to create a new property (IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE2) .

Then I created 2 SQL connection. The first connection I set in the Default Target Server Name to TESTSQLSERVER and add the following script :

CREATE DATABASE [TestDB] ON (NAME = N' TestDB', FILENAME = N'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\testdb.mdf' , SIZE = 3, FILEGROWTH = 10%) LOG ON (NAME = N' TestDB_log', FILENAME = N'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\data\testdb.ldf' , SIZE = 1, FILEGROWTH = 10%)
COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS

The second connection i set in the Target Catalog Property Name to IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE2 (the new property that i created).
Then i set Catalog Name to TestDB (DB name will be created) and the Default Target Server Name i set to TESTSQLSERVER. I add the following script :

CREATE TABLE TestTable (TestColumn1 CHAR NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY)

Supposely when I run the installation, it creates the TestDB database and add table called TestTable to the database.
So overall this is the images.

Back to your answer, it seem like i need to create a real server for this? Is it true?
0 Kudos