cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_kaiser
Level 2

Source Control .isproj File

Visual Studio always states that the .isproj file has pending changes, but when I compare the current file with the latest one, they are identical. Event redo does not work always, the pending changes still have the file listed, which is pretty annoying, since the .isproj files get commited each time.
I have Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with InstallShield Limited Edition 2015. This issue only appears for the .isproj file, thus I assume it's an issue of InstallShield and not Visual Studio.

Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

While this looks to be affecting an InstallShield file, this looks to be more of something occurring on the source control side of things than something with InstallShield itself.

I did some quick digging around online and came up with the below that may help guide you to what may be causing the issue.

===================

In Visual Studio you may be able to see what the changes are by going to:

View -> Other Windows -> Pending Changes

If you had more than one VS instance open at any time, the window content might be out-dated, so hit the "Refresh" button on top of Pending Changes tool window to be sure.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2137027/how-do-i-view-all-of-my-pending-changes-in-vsts-source-control-explorer?noredirect=1&lq=1

===================
0 Kudos
m_kaiser
Level 2

jkell wrote:
While this looks to be affecting an InstallShield file, this looks to be more of something occurring on the source control side of things than something with InstallShield itself.

I did some quick digging around online and came up with the below that may help guide you to what may be causing the issue.

===================

In Visual Studio you may be able to see what the changes are by going to:

View -> Other Windows -> Pending Changes

If you had more than one VS instance open at any time, the window content might be out-dated, so hit the "Refresh" button on top of Pending Changes tool window to be sure.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2137027/how-do-i-view-all-of-my-pending-changes-in-vsts-source-control-explorer?noredirect=1&lq=1

===================

First part: maybe yes, but it's only affecting the .isproj file, thus I assume, that during build Installshield changes something (modify date, ...) so that Visual Studio thinks it has changed, even there are no textual changes, because
Second part: that's exactly how I came upon this issue, because I saw in Pending Changes that the Setup.isproj file is listed and when I click Compare with latest version, they are Identical (not even any newline or whitespace are different). And when I click Undo, it is still listed (that part I guess is Visual Studio). But since this behavior is only for the .isproj file, I guess it has something to do with InstallShield as well ...
0 Kudos