cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottd72
Level 7

Software Manager being installed even when I set it not to.

I have an Installscript MSI project that I converted from IS2009. Under "Update Notifications" I have "Enable FLEXnet Connect" set to NO. I have no FLEXnet Connect redistributables selected for install. Yet, despite all this my install is still installing the Software Manager. Is anyone else experiencing this?

How do I setup my project so that the Software Manager does not get installed?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
cs1234
Level 4

We are experiencing this in an IS2009 project as well. Does anyone know if the Software Manager is always installed, or if there is a way to prevent it?
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

Check your redistributables. If I remember correctly, the problem was that the FLEXnet Connect redists were selected. I'm not sure if I had selected them at one time or if they were selected by default.
0 Kudos
cs1234
Level 4

Thanks for your response.
I checked the prerequisites and they are not enabled, so that is not the problem in this case. We used to use the service a long time ago, and the installer has been upgraded through a few versions of Installshield. Perhaps there is some other setting hidden in the configuration xml that didn't get turned off.
At least this gives me some hope that we will eventually be able to find a way to stop it from installing.
0 Kudos
scottd72
Level 7

As I think even more about it, and going through change logs I remember exactly what it was now. I had two components that were including the Software Updater as a .NET dependency. I just had to go to those components and set .NET Scan at Build to "None" or Properties only. I figured out which components they were from viewing the install log. Check a verbose log of your install and you'll quickly find which components are including the updater.
0 Kudos
cs1234
Level 4

Ok, great. I will give that a try.

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos