cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vs20082010
Level 4

Smart Device Setup : .NET Framework 3.5 was not installed!

I have created a smart device setup, I have clicked the .NET CF 3.5 in the redistributable section but it does not get installed in the mobile device.

What should I do to be able to install the .net framework after the application is installed ? (created in vs 2008)

thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

Did you mark the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 check box on the .NET Compact Framework panel in the Windows Mobile Wizard? What device are you trying to install to?
0 Kudos
vs20082010
Level 4

thank you hidenori:

yes i have checked it but it seems it doesn't get installed. 😞

Im running it under mobile 6 emulator.. it's a .net application project which i made under vs 2008.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

Do you have the Microsoft ActiveSync installed on your desktop machine? Also, please make sure that the device emulator is connected to the ActiveSync before running your setup.
0 Kudos
vs20082010
Level 4

I'm currently using windows vista and i also have windows mobile device installed. The active synch i suppose should be in windows xp. please correct me if im wrong.

I'm in the Smart Device Setup for a cab file for the storage card connection, not the MSI project. either way, the process is still incomplete.

how come if i clicked on the .netcf 3.5, it does not get installed on the mobile device after the application? am i missing something?

thanks
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

You are correct. On Vista, you need the Windows Mobile Device Center. To deploy your CAB file, you need to copy the file to a device through the ActiveSync or Mobile Device Center, and then tap on the CAB file name in File Explore on the device. See Walkthrough: Packaging a Smart Device Solution for Deployment for more information.
0 Kudos