cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimcolgate
Level 4

Single .ISM, multiple release targets; different INSTALLDIR targets, what's best way?

Hi have a single single .ISM Basic MSI project.

Under releases I have 2 different targets: 64bit, and 64bit-BETA. Each release needs to target a differently named installation directory.

For example:

c:\program files\MYPRODUCT
and
c:\program files\MYPRODUCT-BETA

What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

I probably have glossed over the right way to do it and got mired in the wrong way ... but what I had done was to add different release flags to each of the releases: then during the install, if BETA -- add "-BETA" to the installation directory. But I'm sure you will spot the problem right away.

Changing INSTALLDIR after CostFinalize doesn't update all properties derived from INSTALLDIR (not quite sure how the UI Dialog figures out how to do it when manually changing the install directory!).

Before CostFinalize, I don't know what the base (or original) installation directory is. If I could extract before CostFinalize, I'm OK with that.

Thanks,

Wim
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
regexmaster
Level 5

I have exactly the same same situation and question, and am still looking for the solution. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks
0 Kudos
regexmaster
Level 5

I found this thread, which looks promising...
Setting INSTALLDIR in Custom Action doesn't change install location
0 Kudos