cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkapasi
Level 4

Silent install support to choose locale

Hi,
I have an installer which displays the Locale dialog to the user with some language options. Users can choose mulitple languages and the assembly within my installer will lay down those language specific resource files. This works well when running in GUI mode. I can't figure out how to change the selected locale or how to select multiple locales in the locale dialog during silent install? I am not able to get any help on that either. Is this something i can do via -V or -W, please let me know. I really need help on this soon.
Thanks,
-Mkapasi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please see the ISMP help topic "Using Java Command-Line Options"; you can set the Java system properties user.language and user.region to set the locale from the command line...
0 Kudos
mkapasi
Level 4

Thanks for the quick reply. Even if i set the locale...how can i set the checkboxes in the locale dialog? there can be muiltiple locales listed there, is there some way to set all those checkboxes to be checked via command line?
0 Kudos
mkapasi
Level 4

oh and I am also using a launcher to run this on linux. Not running via a jar file.
0 Kudos