cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrTree
Level 6

Signing One-Click Install - Security Warning in different language

I'm currently testing InstallShield 2013 Premier, but the problems with signing One-Click Installations seem not fixed. I'm also still getting a InstallShield Security Warning in English. We have to ship our software to different countries with different languages so we pay a lot of money for IS Premier, but the dialog is still english only. I'm also currently getting a MessageBox (Header: test / Text: checksecurity) if I start the One-Click Setup, this looks like some debug information.

Is there any way to sign the Media Header? Signing the Setup.exe with pfx works, if I use spc and pvk I have to enter the CodeSigning password two times. Signing the Header does not prompt me to enter the password, it just builds the installation with Error Code -7270. The help page says: using Microsoft's SignCode.exe tool directly will provide a descriptive error message - I get:
SignTool Error: This file format cannot be signed because it is not recognized.
SignTool Error: An error occurred while attempting to sign: data1.hdr
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Since Microsoft doesn't know the .hdr file format, the signatures on it must be processed by our tools. In particular, you can use isign.exe to sign the .hdr file. See, for example Digitally Signing a Release After It Has Been Built ... for information on this.
0 Kudos
Installer536
Level 3

MrTree wrote:
I'm currently testing InstallShield 2013 Premier, but the problems with signing One-Click Installations seem not fixed. I'm also still getting a InstallShield Security Warning in English. We have to ship our software to different countries with different languages so we pay a lot of money for IS Premier, but the dialog is still english only. I'm also currently getting a MessageBox (Header: test / Text: checksecurity) if I start the One-Click Setup, this looks like some debug information.

Is there any way to sign the Media Header? Signing the Setup.exe with pfx works, if I use spc and pvk I have to enter the CodeSigning password two times. Signing the Header does not prompt me to enter the password, it just builds the installation with Error Code -7270. The help page says: using Microsoft's SignCode.exe tool directly will provide a descriptive error message - I get:
SignTool Error: This file format cannot be signed because it is not recognized.
SignTool Error: An error occurred while attempting to sign: data1.hdr

I have both of the same problems in Installshield 2013.

1) When I try to sign the setup.exe media header for the INTERNET_IMAGE release, it doesn't work and gives me the same error saying the SPC file is invalid. The strange this is this works completely fine in Installshield 2011.

2) The 2nd problem is that once I launch the One-click Install web page and click on "Install", I get a "OK" pop up that says "Test" and "checksecurity". Have these problems been patched?

Thanks
Kenny
0 Kudos
Installer536
Level 3

Installer536 wrote:
I have both of the same problems in Installshield 2013.

1) When I try to sign the setup.exe media header for the INTERNET_IMAGE release, it doesn't work and gives me the same error saying the SPC file is invalid. The strange this is this works completely fine in Installshield 2011.

2) The 2nd problem is that once I launch the One-click Install web page and click on "Install", I get a "OK" pop up that says "Test" and "checksecurity". Have these problems been patched?

Thanks
Kenny

The solution to #2 is here:
http://flexerasoftware.force.com/articles/en_US/ISSUE/Check-Security-MessageBox-Appears-With-One-Click-Installation-Media

I'm still not sure what to do about #1. I can sign the media after the fact, but when I run this on Installshield 2011, there are no problems with it signing the media header. I am using the exact same digital signatures files for both versions.
0 Kudos