cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baburajckrishna
Level 2

Show/Hide Bitmap image in Status Dialog InstallShield 2012

My requirement is to show a bit image[a tick mark] after completing the registration of different components in our project. After copying the files, I have added the script in OnMoveData method to register these components. Once the registration is completed I need to show a tick mark at the end of the same component name.

I have customized the Status Dialog(DialogId_10305) to show the bitmap images at runtime and initially set the Visibility as False. After registering the component I added below code to show the tick mark.

#define TICK_MARK_IMAGE 17819

szDialogName = “DialogId_10305”;

hWindow = CmdGetHwndDlg(szDialogName);

hwTickMark = GetDlgItem(hWindow, TICK_MARK_IMAGE);

ShowWindow(hwTickMark, SW_SHOW);

I’m getting NULL for CmdGetHwndDlg.

Did I miss any steps to follow?  Can someone please suggest a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @baburajckrishna,

Thank you for your post.

Please accept our apologies for the delayed response.

InstallShield 2012 has reached its end-of-life so InstallShield 2012 is no longer supported.

Could you please upgrade to a supported InstallShield version, try to reproduce the issue, and open a new case (Navigate to Get Support > Open New Case from the top menu.) if the issue is reproducible in a supported InstallShield version?

Here is a link to the InstallShield End-Of-Life Policy, which lists end-of-life and supported InstallShield versions:

https://docs.revenera.com/eol/installshield.htm?_ga=2.239889859.1520039635.1624979664-733350101.1618267756 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

0 Kudos