cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kug_signal
Level 3

Short path form in the registry

Hi,

I'm using "COM Extract at Build" setting for registering .dll files. After installation, I found that the values of paths in the registry have the short path form (C:\PROGRA~2\...). Unfortunately, my program requires the long path form. Studying the .msi file in Orca, I discovered that the Registry table contains the path values of the form [!filekey] instead of the form [#filekey] for the long path form. Can I control this format in InstallShield project?

Thanks in advance,
Yuri.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
imre12
Level 2

kug_signal wrote:
Hi,

I'm using "COM Extract at Build" setting for registering .dll files. After installation, I found that the values of paths in the registry have the short path form (C:\PROGRA~2\...). Unfortunately, my program requires the long path form. Studying the .msi file in Orca, I discovered that the Registry table contains the path values of the form [!filekey] instead of the form [#filekey] for the long path form. Can I control this format in InstallShield project?

Thanks in advance,
Yuri.

Did you find a solution to this issue? we would also want the full path to be used when we use COM extract at build

-Imre
0 Kudos