cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
standardsdesign
Level 3

Setup.exe fails to launch on Windows 10 Pro v.1903

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me. For some reason, the setup executable fails to launch on Windows 10 Pro, version 1903. You can see the log file that I attached to this post. As you can see, the setup attempts to you launch, but then nothing happens. Also, for privacy purposes, I removed the name of the client who sent us the log and replaced it with <User_Name>.

Has anyone else experience this issue? How can I go around this? The only solution I have implemented by far is providing our clients directly with the .msi package. Afterwards, they have been successful in installing and running our enterprise applications.

However, I do not want this to be the norm as my applications have .NET Framework 4.7.2 dependencies. If someone has run into this issue and has a suggestion towards fixing this issue, please let me know. I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @standardsdesign ,

• Did you or your client get any message from any anti-virus software been installed?
  • With the log provided unable to get any info,is it reproducible on All Windows Pro 1903 versions?
  • What type of project is this?Basic MSI,Installcript MSI,Installscript as well Compressed/Uncompressed

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer ,

Thanks for the prompt response. The client does not get any message from an anti-virus. Our packages are in fact signed with a code signing certificate that protects the integrity of our applications; thus, bypassing most anti-viruses. I myself have Norton Security, and it has never found a problem with our applications.

I agree that the log does not provide any information. From what I can tell, the setup.exe tries to launch, but then it never launches. On top of that, there is not even an exit or failure code, which is very distressing because we cannot debug the problem. This is a Basic MSI (compressed) that is generated from a Visual Basic .NET Wizard InstallShield project.

I myself was able to run the installation on Windows 10 Pro 1909, so I am not really sure that the problem is reproducible in all versions of Windows 10 Pro. Having said that, it could be a Windows problem after all.

0 Kudos