cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loralynne
Level 6

Setup Prerequisite Language

Hi,

I have a setup prerequisite included in my Basic MSI project. Is there a way to make the name of the prerequisite localizable so that in the Setup Prerequisite dialog, it shows up in the language that is chosen in the Choose Setup Language dialog? Or am I going to have to create a different prq file with the prq file name localized for each language I want it in? I also want to have the installer of the prerequisite run in the language chosen in the Choose Setup Language dialog.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
loralynne
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Unfortunately, yes, the name of the prerequisite is what's shown, so you'd have to use multiple prerequistes if you want to localize the name in the list. I hope we can address this at some point...

IS2009 has a couple new features which may be able to address the rest of this. With either Hidden or Feature prerequisites, the name of the prerequisite file is no longer shown. With the new support for using [ProductLanguage] in a prerequisite's command line (which corresponds to the language selected in the dialog), you may be able to handle all languages from a single prerequisite. If upgrading is an option for you, it might be well worth evaluating IS2009.
0 Kudos
loralynne
Level 6

Thanks for your reply, Michael.

How about displaying the correct "localized file name" prerequisite in the list according to what language was chosen in the Choose Setup Language dialog? Is there a way to do that in IS2008 or IS2009?

Thanks again,
loralynne
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Nope, IS2008 and IS2009 show the filename (without the .prq) whenever the prerequisite shows up in the list. IS2009 merely adds ways to have the prerequisite install without necessarily being in the list.
0 Kudos
loralynne
Level 6

Darn.

Do you know if the bootstrapper adds the chosen language to the registry? I was thinking I could create a prerequisite condition, checking if a registry entry has a specified value.

Thanks,
loralynne
0 Kudos