cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debergstrom
Level 2

Setup Needs the File (my executable)

Hey guys,

I've added some prerequisites to my project and since then I have started to recieve a dialog box during installation that says "Setup needs the file (my executable) and "Specify the location of the file (my executable) to continue."

Any ideas what causes this? I've looked around in the "edit prereq's" area and haven't seen anything that looks odd. Everything seems to be in order...

Thanks in adavance

EDIT: Update - the prereq file that seems to be causing this is .NET 3.5 SP1. Whenever it's selected and I build -> run the exe that dialog appears for some reason. If I uncheck it as a prereq the dialog does not appear. Again, I verified the paths and everything looks correct so I'm not sure what's causing that dialog to appear. I guess the confusing part is that it's asking for my .exe instead of a program file or exe to continue. Thanks again
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
venkatnarayanan
Level 2

It was an old query and I didn't find any answers posted on any forums, check the size of the installer(setup.exe) if its single setup and crossing more than 650 MB and you selected the media type as CD-ROM in release wizard, then you might get this error. Change it to network image to fix.
debergstrom wrote:
Hey guys,

I've added some prerequisites to my project and since then I have started to recieve a dialog box during installation that says "Setup needs the file (my executable) and "Specify the location of the file (my executable) to continue."

Any ideas what causes this? I've looked around in the "edit prereq's" area and haven't seen anything that looks odd. Everything seems to be in order...

Thanks in adavance

EDIT: Update - the prereq file that seems to be causing this is .NET 3.5 SP1. Whenever it's selected and I build -> run the exe that dialog appears for some reason. If I uncheck it as a prereq the dialog does not appear. Again, I verified the paths and everything looks correct so I'm not sure what's causing that dialog to appear. I guess the confusing part is that it's asking for my .exe instead of a program file or exe to continue. Thanks again
0 Kudos