cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sligers
Level 3

Set FolderPermission on VISTA

Hi,

I´ve try to set folderpermissions ( INSTALLDIR ) on VISTA using LockPermission Table. How can I differ between FixedDrive and Remote ?

Please help !
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
klacounte
Level 6

sligers wrote:
Hi,

I´ve try to set folderpermissions ( INSTALLDIR ) on VISTA using LockPermission Table. How can I differ between FixedDrive and Remote ?

Please help !

Is your question about setting permissions on a local drive vs. a network drive? You can try using subinacl to see if it works on network drives - I believe that it will as long as the user has the rights but I've never tried it. You can download it here.
0 Kudos
sligers
Level 3

klacounte wrote:
Is your question about setting permissions on a local drive vs. a network drive? You can try using subinacl to see if it works on network drives - I believe that it will as long as the user has the rights but I've never tried it. You can download it here.

Thanks for the LINK.

My question was, how it is possible to differ between lokal and remote by using an condition. If i installed the app an lokal drive, all permissions went fine.
An an network drive ( R:\ ) an error occured.

Here are an Screenshot from the german messagebox

http://webpixels.de/f.jpg
0 Kudos
klacounte
Level 6

I don't know if the Windows Installer will be able to set your permissions on a network drive. I think the standard actions that use the LockPermissions table run under the system account so it won't have the proper rights on the network.

Below is a screenshot showing the properties for a custom action that calls subinacl. You'll need to change the In-Script Execution to Deferred Execution so that it runs with the current users permissions and I'd suggest adding some validation in the UI to verify that the current user has the proper rights. Otherwise the install may error and rollback.
0 Kudos