cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdavidi
Level 4

Service control - option to ignore on failure?

Greetings!

I'm installing a set of services, some of which MAY require additional configuration within our installed application before they will start properly.

I have ServiceControl entries set for all of my services, but when it goes to start one of the ones requiring this post-install configuration, the installation halts with a 1920 error, indicating that the service failed to start, presenting only a Retry or Cancel option.

Assuming there is no way to add an "Ignore" button to this popup, can anyone think of alternatives to acheiving the desired behavior? I was thinking some sort of component Condition, but couldn't come up with a catch all (e.g. I was thinking !FeatureRequiringService=3 , but I'm thinking that could get the installation into a bad state where it would fail repeatedly on a Repair or Modify if the configuration work hadn't yet been completed.

Any info appreciated! Thanks much,

--jdavidi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jdavidi
Level 4

It's a kludge, but I could remove the control event for the one service and put an executable CA after StartServices that calls net start and ignores the exit code -- but I'm certainly open to cleaner options 🙂
0 Kudos