cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sabeesh
Level 3

Selective Uninstall Feature Dialog

Hi,
I have a installScriptMSI project with 3 Features say Feature1,Feature2 and Feature3. This shows in a tree and i am able to selectively install each featurs. But when i do the uninstall i am not able to see the UI Dialog to select features.How do i bringup the Feature selection dialog in unstallation wizard. Please give me a solution. I am new to installshield development.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Not applicable

You can use modify to uninstall a feature.
0 Kudos
sabeesh
Level 3

Thanks!. Could you please give me the details or some example. I am very new to installshiled projects.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

As mentioned previously, this functionality is available through a modify operation in maintenance mode. Assuming the code in OnMaintUIBefore has not been modified, running the setup.exe again or launching maintenance from Add/Remove Programs (through the Change option, not Remove/Uninstall) the SdWelcomeMaint dialog will be displayed, allowing for selection of Modify, Repair, or Remove operations. Selecting Modify will present the feature tree dialog again to change the current feature selections. Again, note that this is dependent on the OnMaintUIBefore event not being modified. If it has been modified, the behavior for maintenance mode is dependent on the code changes made to this event.
0 Kudos