cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tronex
Level 4

SdLogonUserInformation Problem - The list is empty

I need a setup created with InstallShield 2009 to install a windows service. The service needs an own account to be run under. This accounts needs to be created/selected from within the setup.

For this, I add the corresponding Logon Information Panel dialogs: Dialogs -> All Dialogs -> Right Click -> New Dialog...

On the New Dialog Wizard: Next -> Logon Information Panel and Associated Child Dialogs -> Next -> Finish

However, when I start the setup, and try to browse existing users, it does not matter whether i try to browse Domains, users or whatever, I always get a messagebox saying

"The list is empty.".

Detailed description:

On the Login Information dialog, I click on browse
On the Browse for a user account dialog, I click on browse for the domain or server -> Result: The list is empty.

On the Browse for a user account dialog, I enter the name of the server I am on into the Name of server textbox and click on browse for the user name --> Result: Server not found

On the Browse for a user account dialog, I enter Administrator into the User name textbox while having the name of the server still entered into the Name of server textbox and click on OK --> Result: "Server not found"

After clicking Cancel (back in the Logon Information dialog), I enter SERVERNAME\Administrator into the User name textbox and the corresponding password into the Password textbox and click on Next --> Result: Server not found

I click on New information

I click on Browse for the Domain or Server --> Result: The list is empty.

I click on Browse for the groups --> Result: Server not found

How do I fix this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies