Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pgattu
Level 3

SdFinishReboot call failed with error Object is not connected to server

Hi,

We recently migrated from IS 5.5 to IS 2019 , our's is an installscript project
I'm facing an weird issue, after SQL database connection and executing few scripts on the database, after that showing one custom dialog and later on at the end  there is a call to SdFinishReboot , but it was crashing for unknown reasons, quickly did a sample script and it showed the dialog but not working in project, used try catch statements and found out the error message as 
Object is not connected to server

Please help us in this regard

Regards,
pgattu

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @pgattu ,

I doubt this would be because of SdFinishReboot since that function has to deal with installation completion and restart.It will only return one of the below error codes:

WILL_REBOOT

Indicates that the user chose to reboot the system.

NEXT (1)

Indicates that the user chose not to reboot the system or restart Windows.

< 0

Indicates that the user chose to either reboot the system or restart Windows, but the reboot or restart failed.

Can you increase debugging level of code a bit by adding more log  messages to exactly find which line of code causes this error?If possible please attach log here.

I dont think so it has anything specific to do with SQL scripts execution.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos

Hi @Jenifer What I'm saying is the dialog is not coming up, it was crashing at the dialog, I wrapped the statement in try catch block and captured the error, the error was saying Object is not connected to server Regards, pgattu
0 Kudos

Hi @pgattu ,

I would either need your log file/project files with supported files to help you with. It would be easier to fix problem  if you could get which function causes.

Since it is 10-15 years gap migration there might be lot of causes for this breakage.I could see in your previous post you had mentioned that on recreating project in IS2019 too you could get the same error.Is that correct?

If not i would suggest you to recreate project in InstallShield 2019 and update the results.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos