cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khuntley
Level 5

Says Install Failed when it didn't.

Jump to solution

I'm currently running the evaluation version of InstallShield Premier 2020. I keep getting the error message:

"The installation of [PRODUCT] appears to have failed. Do you want to continue the installation?"

However, the installation didn't fail and it worked completely. So is there a way I can remove these error prompts? Because without them the suite would work perfectly. 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Are you trying to install exe package using suite?

If Yes, then make sure you have detection condition added properly, the detection condition will be validate on both prior to install to make sure the package is not installed, and once the package is installed it will again validate the condition to make sure the package is installed, in this case you need to use proper detection condition which is not installed prior to installing the package and it will exists(condition should be true) once the package is installed, Refer attachment for details,

Usually msi package detection condition will be useful if you are using a msi based exe package, (Refer screenshot of msi package condition)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1) Reply
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Are you trying to install exe package using suite?

If Yes, then make sure you have detection condition added properly, the detection condition will be validate on both prior to install to make sure the package is not installed, and once the package is installed it will again validate the condition to make sure the package is installed, in this case you need to use proper detection condition which is not installed prior to installing the package and it will exists(condition should be true) once the package is installed, Refer attachment for details,

Usually msi package detection condition will be useful if you are using a msi based exe package, (Refer screenshot of msi package condition)

0 Kudos