cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Euronet
Level 2

SQLRTCONNECT2 gets no connection under Windows 10

Hello,

we have a pure installscript-Setup which suddenly doesn't work anymore. The problem is, that the sqlrtconnect2-function doesn't get a connection to the database.
The password we send calling this function is empty after the sqlrtconnect2-function returns an unsuccessfull result,

So the problem seems to be, that the password crashes. We have this problem currently on several Windows 10 systems with different Windows 10 releases. Under Windows 7 or 8 all setups work fine.

Can anyone held?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Krishnan_KM
Level 4

Hi,

May I know the which version of Sql Server you are using in windows 10.

Regards,
Tulasikumar
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Euronet,

I use SQLRTCONNECT2 on Windows 10. Are you sure that there is not an error message hidden behind the installer window? I minimize the installer window just before running SQLRTCONNECT2 and then show the window normally after SQLRTCONNECT2 to avoid having a popup error message get hidden behind it.

If you suspect a password issue... can you try using Windows Authentication, just to see if that works?
0 Kudos
DonAIR
Level 6

rguggisberg wrote:
Euronet,

I use SQLRTCONNECT2 on Windows 10. Are you sure that there is not an error message hidden behind the installer window? I minimize the installer window just before running SQLRTCONNECT2 and then show the window normally after SQLRTCONNECT2 to avoid having a popup error message get hidden behind it.

If you suspect a password issue... can you try using Windows Authentication, just to see if that works?

Did you ever figure this out? We are starting to see this issue on Server 2012R2 machines that worked just a few months ago.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Are you sure that you are calling SQLRTInitialize2 first?

From the HELP...
"Note • The SQLRTConnect2 function uses SQLRT.dll; therefore, it can be called only after SQLRTInitialize2 has already been called. To learn more, see Using the SQL Run-Time Functions in InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects."

My previous post was not accurate. I notice that I am using SQLRTTestConnection2 instead of SQLRTConnect2. In either case, the above is still relevant.
0 Kudos