cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexSquirrel
Level 2

SQL script isn't running in Maintenance Mode

Hi,

It's been almost 4 month that i use InstallShield 2012 Spring. I always find a way to solve my problems. But this time i don't know what to do. I've look on forums all over the Internet but it didn't help.
It's been 6 hours of debugging and i still can't find the problem about SQL scripts. It runs correctly on Install and Uninstall. When i choose the Repair Mode, all CA runs and stuff but SQL script don't even run at all and i don't get any error about it. I'm using BasicMSI.

I took a look at the verbose log. This is some part of the log that i think it can have the problem :

[CODE]
1: Beginning SQL Server Costing Process...
1: Reading the SQL script data from ISSQLConnection table...
1: ISSQLRequirement table does not exist...
1: Finished SQL Server Costing Process..

Action start 10:52:35: ISSQLServerInstall.
ISSQLServerInstall:
Action ended 10:52:35: ISSQLServerInstall. Return value 1.

MSI (s) (B8:8C) [10:52:39:499]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI5EA9.tmp, Entrypoint: ISSQLServerUninstall
1: Processing the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'...
1: Determining if there is at least one SQL script scheduled to execute under the connection...
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript22.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema=
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript30.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall or RunOnUninstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema=
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript5.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnUninstall, Action=Uninstall, Component State=None, Schema=
1: No SQL scripts scheduled to execute under the connection...Skip.
1: Skip the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'. There is no script to execute under this connection.

MSI (s) (B8:F8) [10:52:44:437]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI71FA.tmp, Entrypoint: ISSQLServerInstall
1: Processing the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'...
1: Determining if there is at least one SQL script scheduled to execute under the connection...
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript22.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema=
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript30.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnInstall or RunOnUninstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema=
1: The SQL script 'SqlScript5.sql' is not scheduled to execute. Script Execution=RunOnUninstall, Action=Install, Component State=None, Schema=
1: No SQL scripts scheduled to execute under the connection...Skip.
1: Skip the SQL connection 'SQLCONNECT'. There is no script to execute under this connection.
[/CODE]

Well, help will be very appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
AlexSquirrel
Level 2

Does anybody had this problem before?
0 Kudos
DandamanAUS
Level 6

Yes I have this problem as i am fixing up my installer to use SQL Server 2016.
Did you get a solution or workaround?
0 Kudos