cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freudi
Level 3

SQL Server 2012 LocalDb x64 Component

Hello I just started with the trial version of Spring. I have a simple AnyCPU .NET Exe that I would like to bundle with LocalDB of SQL Server 2012. But in the redistributables I can only select the x86 Version of LocalDB and sqlCln?
With that I can only install on 32 Bit OS because the LocalDB installer need to be the x64 Version on x64 Systems. The x86 installer gives an error and do not install.
Is it possible to make a setupprojekt a x64 projekt so that I can choose the x64 redistributables? I see that there is a x64 Version of the prq file but I m not able to choose it in the Spring-IDE.

Do anybody have hints how to do a a x64 setup for 64 Bit OS's ?

Freudi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
vlakshmi
Level 4

1-With spring there is an a Redistributable with the name ‘Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB RTM(X64) which will allow the prq to be downloaded on a 64 bit machine

2-In case you want to create your own msi to support only 64 bit then
2.1-- Create a new merge module project
2.2-- In the General information view, change the Template Summary=X64
2.3-- Add the required files
2.4 – Save and build the merge module project
2.5 – Create a new Basic MSI project
2.6 – Select the merge module created above from the Redistributable view
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Freudi,

It sounds like you are using the Express edition of InstallShield. It does not have 64-bit support, so that would explain why the x64 prerequisites are not displayed in the Redistributables view for inclusion in your project. This support is available only in the Premier and Professional editions.
0 Kudos
freudi
Level 3

DebbieL wrote:
Freudi,

It sounds like you are using the Express edition of InstallShield. It does not have 64-bit support, so that would explain why the x64 prerequisites are not displayed in the Redistributables view for inclusion in your project. This support is available only in the Premier and Professional editions.

Yes I using Express. So it is impossible to generate a setup with 64 Bit prerequisites with that? If that is true I will quit testing that product.
Thank you for that information and your time!
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Sorry about that. That is correct; the Express edition does not have support for 64-bit prerequisites. For a high-level breakdown of functionality in the various editions, see Upgrading from Other InstallShield Editions.
0 Kudos
freudi
Level 3

Thank you for your quick answer your support is exquisit!!!
But for my small budget 550 Euros are much money and for that I can only made setups for 32 Bit OS which is almost under 30 % of every Windows installation ... No thanks
0 Kudos