cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhofferber
Level 5

SQL 2012 Prerequisites Missing

2012 Spring LE is suposed to have, per the release notes, prerequisites for SQL 2012 Express and Localdb but they are not there. How do I get them?
0 Kudos
(24) Replies
SwethaRao
Level 7

Hello,

Kindly navigate to C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2012SpringLE\SetupPrerequisites and check if the .prq file for Microsoft SQL server 2012 Express localDB RTM exists?

Thanks ~ Swetha
0 Kudos
dhofferber
Level 5

It does not exist. I already checked there. Before you ask, I uninstalled and installed (including new download) three times. Still missing all SQL 2012 prerequisites. Not just Localdb. FYI - It does have the new .net 4.5

I would hope that an InstallShield employee might see this chain and remedy the situation.
0 Kudos
SwethaRao
Level 7

dhofferber wrote:
It does not exist. I already checked there. Before you ask, I uninstalled and installed (including new download) three times. Still missing all SQL 2012 prerequisites. Not just Localdb. FYI - It does have the new .net 4.5

I would hope that an InstallShield employee might see this chain and remedy the situation.

Hello,

Please try placing the attached SQL 2012 prqs under the setup prerequisite folder and let us know if that helped.

Regards,
Swetha
0 Kudos
dhofferber
Level 5

These are the missing preqs. Thanks.:)
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

I downloaded the files in your attachment and copied them to the mentioned folder. The 32-bit prerequisite for SQL-Server 2012 LocalDB is now showing, but the 64-bit prerequisite is still missing. Since SQL Server 2012 LocalDB x32 wont install on a 64-bit OS I need to include them both. How do I solve this issue?
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

I assume that you are using InstallShield Limited Edition 2012, and unfortunately 64 bit components are not supported in 2012 version. After downloading the files from the attached SetupPrerequisite folder, SQL Server 2012 LocalDb x64 Component do not get copied for the same reason.

You can download InstallShield Limited Edition 2013 BETA for Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 that supports 64 bit components,from the below link-

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Kindly let us know if there are any other problems.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

I installed 2013LE now and it still does NOT show the 64-bit Sql Server 2012 LocalDB redistributable. It was not even installed in the SetupPrerequisites folder, so i copied the previously mentioned files again, but still no show.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Remo,

Please find attached with the Sql Server 2012 LocalDB(64 Bit) Redistributable. You can download and place the same in your SetupPrerequisites folder.

Let me know if this did not help.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

Unfortunately the 64-Bit prerequisite still does not show.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Remo,

May i know the path location in which the 64 bit Redistributable is placed? Also, i kindly request you to refresh the list of Redistributables (Redistributables View), once the downloaded Prerequisite is placed in SetupPrerequisites folder.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

The path to the prerequisite file is C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites
A refresh of the list didn't help.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi Remo,

Please run a repair process of InstallShield Limited Edition in control panel and check for the missing prerequisite again.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Sorry, but that didn't help either.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

I tried to replicate the issue by copying the provided prerequisite, but I was not successful.

Could you please kindly take a backup of the SetupPrerequisites
folder from the path C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\SetupPrerequisites to some location, then remove all prerequisites in the folder, only paste the required prerequisite file in it, check if it is shown in the redistributables list?

If this doesn't help, clean the machine using a registry cleaning utility to remove the inconsistencies in the registry.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

Removing all the files resulted to the list being reduced to Visual C++ redistributables plus some flexnet stuff. The 64-Bit prerequisite still didn't show up (I didn't remove this one, of course). If it helps: I'm using Windows 8 Enterprise 64-Bit and Visual Studio Premium 2012. Install Shield LE does not show a version, but it's still the beta and I'm not sure if there is a newer version available in the meantime. If I got some time I will try the approach with the registry cleaning tool, but I dont have a lot of hope for that.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello,

Could you please check if you are able to see the prerequisite when you browse for it manually in the redistributables view?

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

I see it, when I browse for it with Windows Explorer. Is there any other way?

Greetings!
Remo

PS: To ease your mind I included two screenshots.
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello Remo,

I suspect this issue to be a machine specific, we are not able to reproduce the issue in-house, to narrow down the issue kindly check if in any other machine this behavior exist.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos
flexerasoftware
Level 3

Hi!

I uninstalled Install Shield LE 2013 and some other stuff, cleaned the Computer with CCleaner and re-installed Install Shield LE 2013. After that I again copied the prerequisites file, since its missing in the Installation. It still doesn't show in the list. Maybe you are using a newer Version, since I still have a beta installed. However I don't have the time to set up another machine with everything. Please tell me if there is something I can do with my current installation.

Greetings!
Remo
0 Kudos
chiranjeevi
Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hello Remo,

Could you please kindly set the prerequisites location appropriately for current user in Installshield limited edition options as shown in attached screenshots, then refresh the redistributables view in the IDE and check if you able to see the required prerequisites in the list.

Regards,
Chiranjeevi
0 Kudos