cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samir18
Level 3

Running another setup from the Application Setup....Robert Please Help!

Hi,

I need to install the DB2 runtime client through my applications setup. I have a Basic MSI project and i have written a custom action to launch the Setup.exe for DB2 from my application. The issue that i am facing is that the moment the Db2 Setup is launched it gives me an error stating that there is already one application being installed and the other applictaion cannot be launched. Is there a way that i can launh the db2 setup first and on completion of that i could launch my setup.

Regards,
Samir
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
Scaazy
Level 3

Could u tell me ? Can u use a batch file for the lanching? if it is possible u have to use CALL or START command.
"
exapmple install.bat

CALL msiexec blablablab1
CALL msiexec blabal2

or
START DB2.exe
START Setup.exe
"
Be aware, Im not confident in syntax. run command prompt and type "HELP START" or "HELP CALL"
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps create an InstallShield setup prerequisite?
0 Kudos
Scaazy
Level 3

Scaazy wrote:
START DB2.exe
START Setup.exe

more suitable an example

start /wait msiexec.exe /I "C:\MSI1.msi" /qn
start /wait msiexec.exe /I "C:\MSI2.msi" /qn
0 Kudos
samir18
Level 3

Thanks for the replies.
Robert,
How do i add a setup pre requisite. And wat is the path of the exe that i can give. It would be great even if u could point me to to a document that helps me achieve this. Also the setup.exe for Db2 has many other files in the same folder how do i deal with that.
0 Kudos
samir18
Level 3

I tried editing and adding a setup preq but the problem that i am now facing is that there is folder structure that the DB2 setup.exe requires in order to execute the setup. i can only add files but i am unable to add a folder structure
0 Kudos
polosheng
Level 5

You can use something like ../../../your folder
to copy the exe in the path you want.
0 Kudos