cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crarun9111
Level 3

Returning a value from java to Install shield code

Hello All,

Is there any way to return the value of a variable from java code to install shield code ?

Scenario :-
I am trying to trigger a java application from my install shield code. Once the application is successfully executed my intention is to return the value of a variable from the java application to the install shield code so that further processing of the variable value will be done by the install shield code.

Can any one help me with a code snippet ?
tried google search but didn't find a suitable answer for this query, hence posting here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
CR
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Not applicable

I'm not sure if there is a direct way to write/create a property in your Java code, there is a way to do this in Managed Code with the ISuiteExtension interface.

Having said that - I'm assuming you're running your Java app during pre-install running with a CA within a Next button on a dialog and you want to run some other CA or Conditionally install features/components based on this return value.

Perhaps you could hack your way through this by writing this value to a temp file or registry entry and reading it through a VBScript CA and setting the property in the VBScript CA.

Just a thought.
0 Kudos