cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hico_hMAS
Level 3

Required Software: .NET Framework

Hi,

I've a question concerning software that has to be installed as a prequisite for my application. Especially i'm talking about the .NET Framework.
My application is written in .NET 2.0 and therefore it is a prerequisite. In the project assistant i can configure different versions of the .NET Framework as a prerequisite but what i want is some option like .NET Framework 2.0 or higher. Is this possible?

The problem is that some customers already have installed .NET Framework 3.x and my application will run there. But if i choose .NET Framework 2.0 as prerequisite in my setup options, my application will not be installed on machines with framework 3.x only.

thanks in advance
Martin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

For versions of the framework after 2.0, look to the Redistributables view for InstallShield Prerequisites. (Even 2.0 can be done this way, although I don't recall if we shipped a prerequisite for this.)

Also note for your specific concern, there is no such thing as a machine that has version 3.x without version 2. While 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 were completely separate (although largely compatible) releases, 3.x builds on 2.0 by adding assemblies, and thus implicitly requires and provides the full 2.0 framework.
0 Kudos