Revenera Documentation site will be unavailable on July 2nd due to scheduled maintenance. For more information see the status dashboard.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isherman
Level 4

Rename Setup.exe

Jump to solution

Is there a way to rename Setup.exe other than manually?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Thank you for your reply.

I tested and confirmed that you can set the setup.exe file name by specifying the Setup File Name at the Product Configuration level, see the two attached screenshots.

Please give this a try. Does it work for you?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Revenera_Ian
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @isherman,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please provide a screenshot of your Help > About InstallShield screen from your copy of InstallShield that you are using to configure the affected project? This allows me to match the InstallShield service pack level and edition.

Which project type are you using? Basic MSI? InstallScript? Or InstallScript MSI? The project type should be indicated in square brackets on the InstallShield title bar when your affected project is open: [<Project Type>]

By manually, do you mean right-clicking the already built setup.exe and manually renaming the file itself that way with the Rename option? Or does manually include specifying a project setting that causes the built setup.exe to have the specified name automatically? Or both?

Are you looking for a way to programmatically set the setup.exe file name in the project settings by programmatically updating the project file then building the project via an automation script?

0 Kudos
isherman
Level 4

I'm using a basic MSI, set to a single executable.  Manually means renaming setup.exe every time I do a new build.  I'm looking for a setting I can change so that the program outputs the desired file name every time I build. 

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

I tested and confirmed that you can set the setup.exe file name by specifying the Setup File Name at the Product Configuration level, see the two attached screenshots.

Please give this a try. Does it work for you?

0 Kudos
isherman
Level 4

That worked, thank you very much!  

0 Kudos

Perfect, you are very welcome!

0 Kudos